Dual credit basically means taking courses that offer both high school (secondary) and post-secondary credit simulaneously.
Students can earn dual credit by participating in programs such as Course Options or Youth Options, or by taking coursework offered directly in their high schools! These types of courses are taught by high school teachers, but the curriculum is aligned to or identical to courses offered at the post-secondary level.
The following courses are currently offered in Career & Technical Education in MMSD for dual (transcripted) college credit:
- Advanced Accounting
- Advanced Marketing
- Computer Hardware and Software Essentials
- Business Technologies - Microsoft Excel
- Business Technologies - Microsoft Word
- Business Technologies - Microsoft Access
- Business Technologies - Microsoft Powerpoint
- Medical Terminology
- Wood Fabrication 4